The Somerset Village Agent project is run by the Community Council for Somerset (CCS) and now covers half of the county. The project uses paid, part time, highly trained individuals living in the parish ‘clusters’ they support. Village Agents help to bridge the gap between isolated, excluded, vulnerable and lonely residents and statutory and/or voluntary organisations, matching specific needs to the bewildering range of services on offer. We work with people of all ages and deal with a wide variety of issues, although a considerable proportion of our work involves elderly clients and social care.
Sally Mitchell is the Village Agent for Stoke St Gregory and many other surrounding villages. She has recently been appointed and is keen to get to know the community and offer signposting and support to
• Ensure that people receive the benefits they are entitled to
• Direct people to organisations that can help them
• Ensure people living alone are not forgotten
• Make the local community aware of social problems in their area
• Offer advice, particularly to the elderly
• Locate people who are lonely and need help such as food or local services
• Advise on energy problem and how to save money
Phone Sally Mitchell on 07931 018019, or click here to email.
Visit the CCS website to learn more about our work across the county of Somerset.
Registered Charity No: 1069260