Highways are struggling to get the major roads open at the moment.
A&SPA also declared a major incident overnight which they’re dealing with.
Below are some key highways points from this morning:
- Routes to hospitals have been ploughed and are reported passable.
- During the course of the night A37 Shepton Mallet, A39 Kilve and A358 Crowcombe became unpassable. A39 Kilve now opened. Crews are assessing A37 Shepton Mallet. But A358 at Crowcombe cleared but A358 between Bagborough and Bishops Lydeard now impassable
- Town Centres generally passable with care
- A39 Minehead to Porlock difficult to pass through
Roads currently closed:
- A39 Porlock Hill
- B3224 Wheddon Cross to Raleghs Cross. Routing via Dunster instead. Likely to require digger during daylight hours because drifts are so high
- South Molton to Simonsbath
- Cheddar Gorge – crews intend to explore opening up from the north
- A37 Shepton Mallet – being assessed
- A371 Prestleigh Hill (nr Shepton Mallet) – abandoned vehicles to be recovered
- A371 Westbury sub Mendip – abandoned vehicles to be recovered
- A358 Bagborough to Bishops Lydeard
Residents should stay at home wherever possible and check Travel Somerset for updates.