If you qualify as extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, you can register on this government web-page for support such as essential deliveries. The criteria to qualify all concern serious health conditions, such as:
• have had a solid organ transplant
• have any cancer and are getting chemotherapy
• have lung cancer and are getting radical radiotherapy
• have cancer of the blood or bone marrow, at any stage of treatment – for example, leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma
• have any cancer for which you’re getting immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments
• have any cancer for which you’re getting a targeted treatment which can affect the immune system – for example, protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
• have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppression drugs
• have a severe respiratory condition – including cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
• have a rare disease or inborn error of metabolism that significantly increases your risk of infection – for example SCID or homozygous sickle cell
• are getting an immunosuppression therapy that’s sufficient to significantly increase your risk of infection
• are pregnant, and have a significant congenital or acquired heart disease
You should, if possible, ascertain your NHS number before applying.
If you know of anyone in these categories, please ensure that they know of the help that is available.