The Somerset Village Agent project is run by the Community Council for Somerset (CCS) and now covers half of the county. The project uses paid, part time, highly trained individuals living in the parish ‘clusters’ they support. Village Agents help to bridge the gap between isolated, excluded, vulnerable and lonely residents and statutory and/or voluntary organisations, matching specific needs to the bewildering range of services on offer. We work with people of all ages and deal with a wide variety of issues, although a considerable proportion of our work involves elderly clients and social care.
See this flyer for more information.
Sarah Hill and Amanda Webb are the Village Agents covering Stoke St Gregory and other surrounding villages. They are keen to get to know the community and offer signposting and support to:
• Ensure that people receive the benefits they are entitled to
• Direct people to organisations that can help them
• Ensure people living alone are not forgotten • Make the local community aware of social problems in their area
• Offer advice, particularly to the elderly
• Locate people who are lonely and need help such as food or local services
• Advise on energy problem and how to save money